We currently have a full-time position available for a Business Analyst in our Information Technology Department. The position will report to the Manager, Software Development. If you are passionate about the ability for technology to drive business performance and you love working various stakeholders to define and craft software that delights end users, this role is for you.
Peace Hills Insurance has a strong history of leveraging technology to enable our business partners to delivery world-class service to our customers. The priority for this role over the coming years will be to lead business analysis activities for smaller projects and minor initiatives. Near term activities include, identifying and documenting current system functionality, identifying future desired functionality, participation in the project scoping and implementation process.
The successful candidate in this role will have these characteristics:
- High Say-Do Ratio: You do what you say you will do and follow through with commitments. We measure our success not on our plans but on our ability to successfully execute and deliver value to the business.
- Masterful Multi-Tasker: You balance competing priorities and are able to meet your commitments across multiple projects.
- Active Problem Solver: When you see an issue that has an ability to impact your projects you jump in to resolve the issue to keep the projects on track.
- Innately Inquisitive: A mystery wrapped in an enigma is fascinating to you. You love to tackle a new challenge and learn all about it from every perspective. This will be particularly important if you are new to the insurance industry.
- Technology Aficionado: The application of technology to solve business problems is one of your passions. You can look at a business problem and understand how technology can be used to deliver amazing staff, partner, and customer benefits.
- Natural Communicator: You distill complex concepts and problems into clear and easy to understand communications for individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Team Player: You recognize that large transformations are only successful when a team is working together effectively. You are a responsive leader, a team player, a supportive coach, an enthusiastic cheerleader, and a motivator.
- Change Manager: You recognize that large transformations have large impacts on staff and without their buy-in the transformation won’t be successful. You bring a change management perspective to your work and understand that communication, training, and engagement are critical to successful delivery.
- Proven Performer: You have a history of success in large technology-based This isn’t your first rodeo or your second…. or your third… You have a history of successfully leading business analysis for complex technology driven transformations.
Your time will be spent:
- Working with the business to gather requirements for small to mid-size projects and minor enhancements to existing products
- Collaborating the development team to ensure requirements are understood and testable
- Collaborating with business to ensure that final requirements are tested and signed off
- Working with project managers to identify change management requirements (e.g., communication, training, etc.) and ensure that they are executed successfully
- Providing training and communication for change initiatives
- Collaborating with other internal teams and external vendors to ensure reciprocal business needs or limitations are considered throughout all stages of the project
- Working with the rest of the business analysis team members to Identify opportunities to improve overall business analysis related processes
- Supporting other various strategic initiatives across the organization in a variety of capacities
Prior experience and qualifications of interest include:
- Post-secondary degree in business, information technology, or related field
- 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst
- Exceptional communication skills across a range of forums and channels and stakeholders
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA system
- Exceptional documentation and presentation skills
- Understanding of agile concepts and demonstrated experience applying same
- BABOK (or equivalent) certification is an asset
- Experience with business process mapping or wholistic systems thinking would be considered an asset
- Experience in highly regulated industries/financial services; experience in the insurance industry would be considered an asset
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Ensuring an appropriate work/life balance and a collegial and supportive work environment are just a couple of ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build a career, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: February 04, 2022