Business Intelligence Specialist
We have a fulltime position available for a Business Intelligence Specialist in our Edmonton head office. Reporting to the Strategic Business Intelligence Manager, the successful individual will apply strong business acumen and analytical skills to explore and examine information, question existing assumptions and processes, and communicate informed conclusions and recommendations in a comprehensive format to a wide audience.
As the successful candidate, you will be a champion story teller that has the ability to communicate in both technical and business terms. The terms detail oriented, an independent thinker and an ‘out of the box’ problem solver describe you well. You are passionate about turning data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
In order to be successful, the candidate must be able to:
- Design and develop complex datasets, reports and dashboards to support recurring business needs
- Provide data visualization expertise that facilitates business understanding of outcomes and recommendations
- Apply a variety of data science techniques and algorithms to build out complex models and data driven solutions
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple data sources, reconcile conflicts or data quality issues and present them within the correct business context
- Support information requests from inception to delivery, translating client requirements into self-service data products
- Partner with business leaders to understand their information needs and deliver results that meet and exceed their requirements
- Lead or coordinate small, informal team(s) to expedite completion of various projects
- Contribute to developing business intelligence and data modelling standards and guidelines
- Educate and train the business users with adopting the appropriate report or data product in meeting their needs
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in business, mathematics, statistics, IT, economics, or related field with a focus on data analytics
- 2+ years of experience in data analysis and reporting combined with strong statistical and analytical skills
- Knowledge of data warehouse, data mart and database technologies, standards, and methodologies
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with Power BI, SQL Server and Microsoft Excel
- Experience with gathering and documenting business requirements
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills for an Executive audience
- Technical knowledge and experience with Python, R, GIS software and the knowledge and experience to implement machine learning algorithms are an asset
- Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP) certification is an asset
- Experience working in the insurance industry would also be an asset
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Offering a collegial work environment and a work-life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this opportunity, submit your resume stating which position you are applying for to Peace Hills Insurance to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: May 18, 2022