Claims QA Advisor
We have a full-time position available for a Claims Quality Assurance Advisor in our Edmonton head office. Reporting to the Vice President, Claims, the successful individual is responsible for upholding the company’s commitment to providing excellence in our claims service levels along with consistency and financial responsibility in all levels of claims handling. This will be achieved through regular file audits that will help identify areas of opportunity through training plans and the development of internal resources.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct qualitative claim reviews, auditing files to maintain consistency within the organization and ensuring that corporate standards are met
- Review head office reporting files and provide feedback and recommendations where appropriate
- Communicate audit observations, recommendations, and process improvement opportunities to the claims management team
- Analyze claims trends and develop reports to summarize findings and deliver to Management
- Work closely with claims handlers on larger files, provide feedback and communicate between Management and department leads
- Assess department audit procedures and identify process improvements
- Evaluate training needs as identified through the audit process and participate in the development and facilitation of training plans
- Other duties as required
- Related Post-Secondary education with a CIP designation
- Ten (10) years’ experience in Claims with strong technical multi-lines work experience including auto, property, and casualty
- Experience adjusting/examining large losses
- Experience in developing reports and presenting information and recommendations to Management
- Training, coaching, mentoring experience is an asset
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills, and confidence in decision making
- Solid interpersonal, and communication skills and the ability to deliver critical feedback with tact and diplomacy
- Exceptional ability to build and maintain relationships
- Negotiation skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Familiar with MS Office 365 suite of products, including Excel as well as online collaboration tools including Zoom, MS Teams, etc.
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Offering a collegial work environment and a work-life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this opportunity, submit your resume stating which position you are applying for to Peace Hills Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: September 05, 2022