Commercial Lines Underwriter (Auto)
We currently have a full-time position available for a Commercial Lines (Auto) Underwriter in our Northern Alberta branch. This role reports to the Commercial Lines (Auto) Manager and is based out of our Edmonton office. The successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of a profitable and growing portfolio of business by effectively and efficiently underwriting risks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Review quote requests and applications to determine risk acceptability, policy terms and rates to process new business;
- Review and process renewals, endorsements and cancellations;
- Place facultative reinsurance on risks that exceed capacity;
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from brokers;
- Liaise with personal lines, claims and accounting departments on mutual concerns;
- Visit brokers to communicate underwriting approaches, facilitating public relations efforts and solving problems;
- Attend industry functions;
- Various other duties as required.
- CIP/FCIP designation (or working towards) would be an asset;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar role;
- Proven knowledge of policy wordings and rating guidelines;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Insight into current market and industry trends;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Sound Microsoft product computer skills.
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. A collegial work environment and a work-life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance to email@example.com. Posting will remain until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: May 10, 2022