Commercial Lines Underwriter (Property)
We currently have an opening for a Commercial Lines Property Underwriter for our ROC Branch based out of our Edmonton office. Reporting to the ROC Underwriting Manager for, the successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of a profitable and growing portfolio of business by effectively and efficiently underwriting risks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review quote request and applications to determine risk acceptability, policy terms and rates to process new business.
- Review and process renewals, endorsements, and cancellations.
- Place facultative reinsurance on risks that exceed capacity.
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from brokers.
- Liaise with personal lines, claims and accounting departments on mutual concerns.
- Visit brokers to communicated underwriting approaches, facilitating public relation efforts, and solving problems. Some out of province travel will be required.
- Attend industry functions.
- Various other duties as required.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of commercial property and casualty experience in a similar role or a combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of policy wordings and rating guidelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills
- CIP/FCIP designation (or working towards) would be an asset.
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career submit your resume, stating the position you are applying for, to Peace Hills Insurance at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: September 20, 2023