Commercial Lines Underwriter (Vancouver)
We currently have a full-time position available for a Commercial Lines Property Underwriter in our BC Branch. This role reports to the Commercial Lines Manager, BC and is based out of our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of a profitable and growing portfolio of business by effectively and efficiently underwriting risks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong ability to review and accept New Business risks to maximize the financial results of an assigned book of business
- Determine eligibility for policy renewals and maintaining retention levels based on Peace Hills Underwriting Guidelines
- Place facultative reinsurance on risks that exceed capacity
- Review and properly act on findings from Loss Control reports
- Maintain accurate policy data including required documentation for policy decisions
- Coach and mentor less experienced team members
- Adhere to Branch Service Levels for all business transactions
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from brokers in an efficient and timely manner
- Liaise with personal lines, claims and accounting departments on mutual concerns
- Forster positive working relationships with both internal and external parties
- Conduct strategic broker visits to communicate underwriting appetite and foster profitable growth
- Attend industry functions
- Various other duties as required
- 5 years Property and Casualty insurance experience
- Post secondary education and CIP/FCIP designation (or working towards) would be an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Sound Microsoft product computer skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Customer service driven
- Ability to multi-task and monitor progress to meet deadlines
Working at Peace Hills
Along with a competitive base pay, Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. A collegial work environment and a work-life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting will remain until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: February 21, 2023