Data Engineer - Contractor
We currently have a contract position available for an Independent Contractor in the capacity of Data Engineer. If you are passionate about the ability for technology to drive business performance and you love working various stakeholders to define requirements, this role is for you.
Peace Hills Insurance has a strong history of leveraging technology to enable our business partners to delivery world-class service to our customers. The contracted activities include the design and development of the Enterprise Data Warehouse (or equivalent technology) to serve the needs of our data analysts and developers. The contractor will design and build all processes required to maintain and extract data from source systems, transform it according to business rules, and load it into appropriate data models.
The successful contractor in this role will have these characteristics:
- High Say-Do Ratio: You do what you say you will do and follow through with commitments. We measure our success not on our plans but on our ability to successfully execute and deliver value to the
- Masterful Multi-Tasker: You balance competing priorities and are able to meet your commitments across multiple
- Active Problem Solver: When you see an issue that has an ability to impact your projects you jump in to resolve the issue to keep the projects on
- Innately Inquisitive: You love to tackle a new challenge and learn all about it from every perspective.
- Technology Aficionado: The application of technology to solve business problems is one of your passions. You can look at a business problem and understand how technology can be used to deliver amazing staff, partner, and customer
- Natural Communicator: You distill complex concepts and problems into clear and easy to understand communications for individuals at all levels of the
- Team Player: You recognize that large transformations are only successful when a team is working together effectively.
- Proven Performer: You have a history of success in large technology-based You have a history of successfully leading data centric projects for complex technology driven transformations.
- Design and develop the enterprise analytics data warehouse (or equivalent technology).
- Build and maintain ETL pipelines that harvest data from operational systems and load the data into the warehouse.
- Ensure the warehouse contains the appropriate data models to handle both analytical and system reporting needs.
- Ensure that data security and access to data is applied as warranted.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to ingest and publish bulk data into and out of the warehouse as required.
- Administer all aspects of the warehouse as required, including availability monitoring, performance monitoring, retention planning, user access, disaster planning, etc.
- Ensure future data model changes in operational systems are incorporated into the warehouse.
- Ensure standards and best practices are incorporated into data solutions.
Prior experience and qualifications of interest include:
- Active business registration to operate as an Independent Contractor
- Post-secondary degree in business, information technology, or related field
- 10 years of experience working in a similar role responsible for EDW Development and at least 2 years as an Independent Contractor
- Experience in the implementation of Data Warehouse/Data Lake and ETL concepts in the cloud
- Experience with SQL Server, including exceptional understanding of structured storage concepts
- Exceptional understanding of big data storage concepts and applicable use of related technologies
- Exceptional communication skills across a range of forums and channels and stakeholders
- Understanding and experience with unstructured data and related technologies would be considered an asset
- Experience in highly regulated industries/financial services; experience in the insurance industry would be considered an asset
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Offering a collegial work environment and a work-life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this opportunity, submit your resume stating which position you are applying for to Peace Hills Insurance to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: August 22, 2022