Personal Lines Underwriter (Calgary)
We currently have a full-time position available for a Personal Lines Underwriter in our Southern Alberta Branch. This position is based out of our Calgary office. Reporting to the Personal Lines Underwriting Manager in Southern Alberta, the successful candidate will contribute to the achievement of a profitable and growing portfolio of business by effectively and efficiently underwriting risks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and analyze quote requests to determine risk acceptability, policy terms and rates to process new business.
- Review and process renewals, endorsements, and cancellations.
- Analyze broker production reports.
- Provide underwriting advice and answer inquiries from brokers.
- Liaise with claims and accounting departments on mutual concerns.
- Visit brokers to communicate underwriting approaches, facilitating public relations efforts, and solving problems.
- Broker audits and reviews may be required.
- Attend industry functions to promote and represent Peace Hills.
- Various other duties as required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an underwriting role.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of auto and property contracts.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proven auditing and review skills.
- Ability to maintain established service levels and provide exceptional customer service.
- CIP/FCIP designation (or working towards) would be an asset.
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career submit your resume, stating the position you are applying for, to Peace Hills Insurance to HR@phgic.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: December 09, 2021