The phiX Advisor position provides underwriting and technical advice to third party stakeholders and internal departments as related to phiX. The advice provided will be used to develop and customize phiX with a strong focus on improving efficiencies and supporting the strategic goals of the Corporate Underwriting team.
- Testing and implementing underwriting changes focusing on system efficiency improvements and programming requirements in new product development in the phiX
- Provide advice, support, and guidance to branch underwriting departments and brokers on issues relating to phiX, via phone, email, or other communication tools
- Ensure the data transfer and integration from phiX to GIMS and vice versa providing recommendations and advice to improve the accuracy and compatibility of the two systems
- Provide assistance and support in the setup of new brokers on phiX
- Liaise with IT in the development and maintenance of phiX
- Broker surveys relating to phiX – sending out, follow up, compiling and delivering results to the underwriting departments and management
- Provide support for and serve on special project committees as initiated by the company
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with all branches within the organization on underwriting related issues and promote workflow efficiencies through regular coaching and information sessions.
- Training of internal staff and brokers, as needed
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- Minimum 5 years related experience in an underwriting role
- Understanding of the industry and area of service
- Experience and interest in working with technology and automation, including but not limited to, testing to confirm implementation of changes
- Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and accountability
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present
- Strong analytical thinking
- Planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe products and e-mail required
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Confident with decision making in regard to determining project guidelines, purpose, following through and completion
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- Effective time management skills, including working with high volume and conflicting priorities
- CIP / FCIP or working towards an insurance designation
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Providing a collegial work environment and an excellent work life balance are just a couple of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career, submit your resume via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: December 17, 2021