QA Test Lead
We currently have a Full-time permanent position available for a Test Lead in our Information Technology department, reporting to the Manager, Software Development. If you are passionate about the ability for technology to drive business performance and you love working various stakeholders to deliver solutions that delights end users, this role is for you.
Peace Hills Insurance has a strong history of leveraging technology to enable our business partners to delivery world-class service to our customers. The priority for this role will be to develop a comprehensive QA testing practice within Peace Hills Insurance as part of a system implementation project. Near term activities include formulating testing strategies, leading the QA test team and ensuring all test activities are completed accurately to ensure that the applications released to our customers are of the highest quality.
PHI is currently implementing a new core technology platform and this role will be initially assigned to support that project.
The successful candidate in this role will have these characteristics:
- High Say-Do Ratio: You do what you say you will do and follow through with commitments. We measure our success not on our plans but on our ability to successfully execute and deliver value to the
- Masterful Multi-Tasker: You balance competing priorities and can meet your commitments across multiple
- Active Problem Solver: When you see an issue that has an ability to impact your projects you jump in to resolve the issue to keep the projects on
- Innately Inquisitive: A mystery wrapped in an enigma is fascinating to you. You love to tackle a new challenge and learn all about it from every perspective. This will be particularly important if you are new to the insurance
- Natural Communicator: You distill complex concepts and problems into clear and easy to understand communications for individuals at all levels of the
- Team Player: You recognize that large transformations are only successful when a team is working together effectively. You are a responsive leader, a team player, a supportive coach, an enthusiastic cheerleader, and aq
- Proven Performer: You have a history of success in large technology-based You have a history of successfully leading QA practices for complex technology driven transformations.
Your time will be spent:
- Developing a comprehensive QA test practice
- Resource planning, developing test strategies, test planning, maintaining, and executing manual and automated test cases on a variety of applications
- Reviewing project business requirements and providing inputs
- Preparing / reviewing test plans
- Analyzing test results and test metrics and prepare / review / present test reports
- Liaising with other stakeholders to ensure the highest level of software quality
- Collaborating with the development team to ensure requirements are understood and testable
- Working with the business analysis team to identify opportunities to improve overall business analysis related processes
- Utilizing a test management tool – Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2013), or similar to (please complete sentence)
- Configuring and implementing and/or maintaining and validating test data
- Validating test environments
- Managing defect management / resolution process and acting as the primary contact for defect management on projects
Prior experience and qualifications of interest include:
- 10+ years of experience in software testing.
- Completed post-secondary degree in business, information technology, or related field
- Experience within system implementation projects
- Experience working with automated testing tools
- Excellent problem recognition and problem-solving abilities.
- 4+ years of experience leading, a team.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, prioritization, organization and people management skills.
- Proven knowledge and judgment in escalating issues when needed.
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Ensuring an appropriate work/life balance and a collegial and supportive work environment are just a couple of ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 11, 2022
Application Deadline: July 11, 2022