QA Tester (3 Vacancies)
We currently have three (3) full-time permanent position available for QA Testers in our Information Technology department, reporting to the Manager, Software Development. If you are passionate about the ability for technology to drive business performance and you love working various stakeholders to deliver solutions that delights end users, this role is for you.
Peace Hills Insurance has a strong history of leveraging technology to enable our business partners to delivery world-class service to our customers. The priority for this role is to work as part of the QA Test team and to complete all test activities accurately to ensure that the applications released to our customers are of the highest quality.
Peace Hills Insurance is currently implementing a new core technology platform and this role will be initially assigned to support that project.
The successful candidate in this role will have these characteristics:
- High Say-Do Ratio: You do what you say you will do and follow through with commitments. We measure our success not on our plans but on our ability to successfully execute and deliver value to the business.
- Masterful Multi-Tasker: You balance competing priorities and can meet your commitments across multiple projects.
- Active Problem Solver: When you see an issue that has an ability to impact your projects you jump in to resolve the issue to keep the projects on track.
- Innately Inquisitive: A mystery wrapped in an enigma is fascinating to you. You love to tackle a new challenge and learn all about it from every perspective. This will be particularly important if you are new to the insurance industry.
- Natural Communicator: You distill complex concepts and problems into clear and easy to understand communications for individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Team Player: You recognize that large transformations are only successful when a team is working together effectively.
Your time will be spent:
- Reviewing project business requirements and providing inputs to test plans/scripts
- Preparing / reviewing test plans to ensure compliance with the QA Test Strategy
- Executing test cases (manual or automated) and analyzing results
- Creating and updating logs to document testing phases and defects
- Reporting defects and errors to the development teams
- Assisting with troubleshooting issues as required
- Analyzing test results and test metrics and prepare, review, and/or present test reports as required
- Liaising with QA Test Lead and other key stakeholders to ensure requirements are understood and testable
- Utilizing a test management tool – Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2013), or similar tool for the recording and tracking of defects
- Configuring and implementing and/or maintaining and validating test data
- Validating test environments
- Working with all cross functional teams to ensure quality results throughout the Software Development Lifecycle
Prior experience and qualifications of interest include:
- 5+ years of experience in software testing.
- Completed post-secondary degree in business, information technology, or related field
- Experience within system implementation projects
- Experience using test management tools (ie. Jira, Team Foundation Server or similar) and automated testing tools.
- Excellent problem recognition and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, prioritization, organization and people management skills.
- Proven knowledge and judgment in escalating issues when needed.
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Ensuring an appropriate work/life balance and a collegial and supportive work environment are just a couple of ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: October 05, 2022