We currently have a full-time position available for a Special Investigator in our Claims Department. Reporting to the Vice President, Claims, the successful applicant will be focused on integrating the principles and techniques of criminal investigations into the claims process in identifying and reviewing potentially fraudulent claims.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Detect and investigate insurance losses related to property, automobile and bodily injury claims where fraudulent activity is suspected.
- Review and examine claim material, statements, tips, and information received from law enforcement agencies or other sources to help inform department decisions.
- Assist adjusters and examiners in determining whether or not fraud or misrepresentation exists in a claim.
- Contact policyholders, claimants, and witnesses to verify facts and statements.
- Liaise with various law enforcement agencies to develop and maintain contacts to assist with the sharing of information on relevant matters.
- Assist legal counsel in preparing and defending files that are in litigation.
- Develop and facilitate training sessions for staff regarding fraud detection, investigative strategies, etc.
- Conduct investigations in a manner that is consistent with federal and provincial legislation and regulations including, but not limited to, civil law, jurisdictional insurance acts, and privacy law.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in an investigative role.
- Previous experience in law enforcement.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct criminal investigations.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thorough interviews.
- Ability to analyze, assimilate, and present facts clearly and succinctly both orally and in writing.
- Ability to train others in fraud identification and evidence handling.
- Ability to travel throughout Western Canada.
- Previous experience in insurance would be an asset.
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Providing a collegial work environment and an excellent work life balance are just a couple of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build a career, submit your resume to Peace Hills Insurance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 08, 2022
Application Deadline: July 08, 2022