Underwriting Advisor, Corporate Underwriting (Commercial Property)
We currently have a fulltime position available for an Underwriting Advisor in our Corporate Underwriting Department. This position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Underwriting, the successful candidate will provide underwriting and technical advice to the Underwriting and IT Department(s). The advice provided will be used to develop and customize products and services to improve efficiencies and support the strategic goals of the Corporate Underwriting team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement underwriting changes focusing on efficiency improvements and programing requirements in new product development;
- Maintain and assist in the development/implementation of Corporate Underwriting guidelines and policy wordings;
- Assess operational issues in regard to our internal system, GIMS;
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with all branches within the organization on underwriting related issues and promote workflow efficiencies through regular coaching and information sessions;
- Provide advice and guidance to branch underwriting departments on issues relating to underwriting, risk assessment, policy wordings and pricing;
- Liaise with IT in the development and maintenance of our underwriting system and broker portal;
- Provide support for and serve on special project committees as initiated by the company;
- Assist in researching and analyzing markets, segments, geographies and lines of business and provide recommendations on findings;
- Develop and maintain internal modules and broker training sessions.
- CIP/FCIP or working towards an insurance designation.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience Commercial Property Underwriting
- Experience in or exposure to Personal Lines Auto and Property Underwriting is required
- Understanding of the industry and area of service including subjectivity and reinsurance
- Experience in UAT (user acceptance testing) is an asset
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Effective attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and accountability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present.
- Planning, prioritization, research and execution skills.
- Tech Savvy with strong working knowledge of Office 365 Suite and the ability to learn and understand new technology quickly
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Strong Project Management skills and the ability to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow through and completion, within deadlines
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently or with others.
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Effective time management skills, including working with high volume and conflicting priorities.
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work. Offering a collegial work environment and a work-life balance are just two of the ways we do this.
If you are interested in this opportunity, submit your resume stating which position you are applying for to Peace Hills Insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: February 04, 2022