We currently have a fulltime position available for an Underwriting Analyst in our Corporate Underwriting Department. This position is located in Edmonton, Alberta. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Underwriting, the successful candidate will provide underwriting and technical advice to the Underwriting and IT Department(s). The advice provided will be used to develop and customize products and services to improve efficiencies and support the strategic goals of the Corporate Underwriting team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and implement Corporate Underwriting guidelines, policy wordings and reinsurance guidelines
- Implement and oversee underwriting changes focusing on system efficiency improvements and programming requirements in new product development
- Provide advice and guidance to branch underwriting departments on issues relating to underwriting, risk assessment, policy wordings and pricing
- Analyze markets, segments, geographies and lines of business and provide recommendations on findings
- Provide support for and serve on special project committees as initiated by the company
- Communicate in a timely and effective manner with all branches within the organization on underwriting related issues and promote workflow efficiencies through regular coaching and information sessions
- Provide direction and ensure compliance at the regulatory and company level
- Develop scope, schedule, monitor and occasionally participate in various audits
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in an underwriting role
- Experience in both personal lines and commercial lines is required
- CIP/FCIP or working towards an insurance designation
- Experience in wording review and development, including manuscript wordings
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Confident with decision making in regards to determining project guidelines, purpose, follow through and completion, within deadlines where applicable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to speak articulately in front of groups
- Team player with the ability to work effectively in cross functional teams
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy and accountability
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS 365, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, as well as a demonstrated ability to learn new software quickly products and online collaboration tools (i.e. MS Teams, Zoom, SharePoint, etc.)
- Commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
- Effective time management skills, including working with high volume and conflicting priorities
Working at Peace Hills
Peace Hills understands that by reducing work-life struggles, individuals can enjoy a healthier lifestyle while improving productivity at work.
If you are interested in this great opportunity to build your career, submit your resume to email@example.com. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted.
Application Deadline: December 13, 2022