Peace Hills Insurance Presents: #HometownTurnaround
We are excited to share more about a not-so-little project we have been working on all year. As many will know, Peace Hills Insurance is a unique insurance company that truly cares. There are two things that we are continuously looking for: 1) ways to give back to the communities in which we do business; and 2) ways to improve our relationships with our dedicated Broker partners. Fusing these two efforts together is what inspired our #HometownTurnaround campaign a year ago.
The #HometownTurnaround campaign is meant to support rural areas in which we write business, by helping to get projects of local value off the ground that have been identified by our Broker partners IN those areas. So, in January of 2022, we put the call out to our Brokers to see if they could point us in the right direction, and they did not disappoint. From replacing the lighting at a curling rink in Selkirk, Manitoba, to helping fund the construction of a brand-new memorial bike park in Silver Valley, British Columbia, #HometownTurnaround is a feel-good initiative that is focused on making lasting, meaningful impacts throughout Western Canada.
With a campaign budget of $100,000, we were able to help fund the following projects throughout 2022:
- Lighting replacement at the Quesnel Pickle Ball Courts in West Fraser Timber Park, in partnership with AC&D Insurance Services Ltd.
- Lumber and drainage costs at the new Jordan Mcildoon Dedication Bike Park in Silver Valley, in partnership with Johnston Meier Insurance
- Resurfacing the asphalt at the Revelstoke Pickleball Courts in partnership with Revelstoke Credit Union
- Third-party evaluations of the u9 Whitecourt Minor Hockey League for ~350-400 kids in partnership with Whitecourt Insurance Ltd.
- Bringing a 3D Mozart System to the Grande Prairie Regional Hospital in partnership with BrokerAge General Insurance
- Replacing the chilling system with new, energy efficient units at the Wawanesa and District Recreation Centre in partnership with Guild Insurance Group
- Replacing the projector, screen, mounting and wiring system at Garriock Fraserwood Hall in partnership with Garriock Insurance
- Replacing the ceiling tile and lighting at the Selkirk & District Curling Club in partnership with Wheatfield Insurance
- Creation and installation of banners in the foyer, stairways, gymnasium and more at the Escuela Vista Grande School in partnership with Paramount Insurance
- Building a replica of an early 1900's gazebo at Memory Lane in the Village of Standard in partnership with Gates Agencies Ltd.
As we come to the end of 2022 having accomplished so much with this campaign, we are excited to announce that we will be bringing it back for 2023.
“We so look forward to once again working closely with our Broker partners in rural areas in the coming year,” said Chad Shurnaik, Vice President of Underwriting and Marketing at Peace Hills Insurance. “This campaign presents a unique opportunity to give back and work on something meaningful together.”
Follow us on social media to hear more about this campaign throughout 2023!
Peace Hills Insurance is a home, auto and business insurance provider in western Canada. Headquartered in Edmonton, AB, the company works with about 500 independent broker offices to distribute its products. Their mission statement is to be a unique insurance company that truly cares and is committed to best serving the communities in which they do business.
Marketing and Communications Advisor
firstname.lastname@example.org | (780) 424-3986